Workwear maintenance tips
phs Besafe are the experts when it comes to workwear supply and maintenance, providing a reliable, safe and unique laundering process for high visibility garments.
Your high visibility garments protect your workforce, however as an investment they need protecting too. If they aren't kept in a suitable condition they can become useless - meaning you have to shell out on replacements.
With more than 15 years’ experience in the industry, here are our top tips for cleaning and maintaining the effectiveness of your workwear:
- Dirt is one of the main factors affecting visibility. Therefore, you should that ensure all employees’ workwear is laundered on a frequent basis. Investing in garments with a stain release finish, such as those provided by phs Besafe, will also help retain their visibility for longer.
- Try to avoid stains becoming ingrained in the material. If your garments are permanently soiled or damaged, then they will need to be replaced.
- Don’t allow employees to alter their garments. This will affect their compliance, leading to replacements immediately needing to be made.
- If laundering in-house, avoid using harsh products such as bleach and fabric softener. These can fade the bright colour and damage reflective tape.
- When ironing garments, do not exceed temperatures of 280°F or 137°C.
For professional advice on workwear, get in touch with our expert team.